Online learning solution from the world-renowned founders of The French Pastry School.
Sebastien Canonne, M.O.F.
Chef Sébastien inspires the team with all his talent and experience.
Chef Jacquy brings his artistic style and world-class standards to The Butter Book.
Learn the art of French pastry and baking from the foremost pastry chefs, cake decorators, and bakers with online lessons from The Butter Book.
- CHEF-LED VIDEO LESSONS– Each video lesson is designed to give you knowledge of everything pastry, baking, and cake decorating, with clear, step-by-step instructions. Learn how to execute recipes from start to finish, with visual cues and chef tips to make sure you’re doing things the right way.
- FOOD SCIENCE EDUCATION– To create works of culinary art, you must understand the science behind it. Our online baking classes will teach you the fundamentals of how ingredients interact with each other and more.
- ADVICE FROM THE EXPERTS– Insights from the best and brightest in pastry will be at your fingertips, featuring exclusive editorial content from guest chefs, unique baking videos, and expert articles from our own educators and staff.
Master baking fundamentals, create pastry masterpieces
The fundamentals of pastry have been perfected by chefs over centuries. At The Butter Book, we teach you those first so you can perfect the basics before experimenting with recipes, textures, and flavors. Each of The Butter Book’s online baking classes makes it clear why you should use particular ingredients, why the techniques work, what can go wrong, and how to correct it if it does.
THE BUTTER BOOK – Where precision gives rise to perfection
- PROGRESSIVE & FLEXIBLE – The bulk of the work in pastry – shaping bread, rolling dough, folding and mixing – happens before the oven is turned on. Our course emphasizes these important first steps, but flexes to accommodate different skill levels and goals. Each video lesson guides you through the fundamentals before leading you to advanced topics and more extensive courses.
- COVERING THE FUNDAMENTALS – The success of every recipe relies on your knowledge of skills, concepts and terminology that are unique to the pastry kitchen. Fundamentals of sanitation, food science, baking tools and ingredients are the building blocks that will create the backbone for success.
- BUILDING UPON LEARNED SKILLS – Once you’ve learned the right way and mastered the little details, you’ll be able to create something brand new out of flour, butter, and sugar. Start with basic elements like meringue and buttercream, then use them 15 different ways to create macarons, layered cakes, and éclairs.
Whatever your goal, The Butter Book will guide you to reaching it.
CHEF-INSTRUCTED VIDEOS – Each demonstrates an entire lesson from start to finish, giving detailed, step-by-step instruction.
DETAILED RECIPE STEPS – Every recipe indicates exactly how much hand-on, rest, and bake time you’ll need, as well as what equipment to use and ingredients down to the gram.
Whether you’re an at-home enthusiast, a pro looking to brush up on your skills, or a new student, our system is designed to meet you where you are.
EXPERT ARTICLES – Thoughts from master chefs and educators come to life in trend pieces, articles, how-tos, and equipment and ingredient reviews.
REFERENCE GLOSSARY – Our educators have defined hundreds of terms in encyclopedic detail, giving the history and background of pastry and baking equipment, ingredients and terminology.
Enjoy unlimited access to over 150 lesson videos from world-class pastry chefs and educators.
Satisfy your thirst for pastry perfection with unlimited access to The Butter Book’s growing library of exclusive content, accessible across all of your devices. Completely risk free, and you can cancel anytime.
CHEF RUBBER SPOTLIGHTS
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR PRODUCT PROMOTIONS EMAIL
Stay up to date on the latest Chef Rubber products and promotions by signing up for promotional emails!